Malevolent Ignoble Calamity (or Mel for short) is the youngest member of the Calamity Clan—a coven of Bastan witches and warlocks who pride themselves on being the worst of the worst. If Mel wants to survive past her twenty-first birthday, she needs to complete a rite of passage: lure the children Hansel and Gretal into her cottage, cook them, and eat them.
There are just a few problems:
1. Mel has no interest in eating children.
2. The children have no interest in leaving their house.
3. The parents of the children have no interest in behaving the way normal parents are supposed to behave.
4. Hansel and Gretal aren’t even their real names.
Slade Oliver is the Advisor to the Guild of Records and it’s not his job to fix fairy tales anymore, but this tale isn’t like the others. Powerful bloodlines are involved, and where there is powerful blood, there will be powerful enemies. The stakes are high, but the task is simple: extract the children from their house and send them to the witch in the woods.
There is just one single problem:
1. Slade Oliver doesn’t play by the rules, and neither will this fairy tale.
This is a full, standalone novel. It is book #2 of the Bastan Hollow Saga, but each book CAN be read as a standalone.